Magento Forum

Trying to modify order status - Disaster! 

mbworldz

Total Posts:  8

I am new using Magento, installed and designed the site last week, till the day before yesterday it was running fine.  Site is hosted at hostmonster.com I was testing the orders, and notice that there is no way I can change the order stats from pending to complete.  Then I started google it and found this post.  http://www.magentocommerce.com/boards/viewthread/9976/ I followed the instruction and modified
config.xml under \app\code\core\Mage\Sales\etc\ Then I went to System > Cache Management.  Flush Magento Cache.  Once I did that.  I no longer can access the Magento admin CP. 

Before I did that I already made a backup of the config.xml file, but even though I restore that file back to the directory, it did’t help at all. 

Then I contact hostmonster.com tech support and see if they can find me a couple days old backup so I can do a full restore for the whole site.  And the worst thing is they were having problem with the backup system.  Clients basically don’t have any backup files from them for more then 3 day.  IF I didn’t call them, they probably won’t notice.  Talked to the tech for more than 2 hrs, they finally found a backup of my site.
They tried to restore it for me.  But it was worse.  When I type in my domain name, it shows bunch of codes on the main site, then now it won’t even show anything.  Just a blank site. 

Does anyone know what went wrong, how do I bring my site back to live.  All the files are there in the server.

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

Siggi_Schmitz
Enthusiast

Total Posts:  811

What do you mean with “Once I did that.  I no longer can access the Magento admin CP”. Any error messages? Please explain…

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community