Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Custom Menu Extension Error on Product Page

ryanb4614

Total Posts:  8

I am using Magento CE 1.7. I am using the following extension on my store: http://www.magentocommerce.com/magento-connect/custom-menu.html I am able to create a static block and what I put in the static block will appear in the dropdown menu. But when I am on a product page/product display page the dropdown feature is not working on this menu. Do you have any ideas why?

In the static block I am putting the following code:

<table style="background-position: right bottom; border-width: 3px; border-color: #333333; width: 600px; background-image: url('../images/home.png'); background-repeat: no-repeat;">
<
tbody>
<
tr>
<
td>
<
div>    {{block type="catalog/product_list" category_id="7" template="catalog/product/listmenu.phtml"}}</div>
</
td>
<
td>&nbsp;</td>
</
tr>
</
tbody>
</
table>
In listmenu.phtml is the following:
<table width="300px" class="menutablelayout" border="0">
<
tr>
<
td><?php
$_productCollection
=$this->getLoadedProductCollection();
foreach (
$_productCollection as $_product): ?>
<div>
<
h4><?php echo $this->stripTags($_product->getName());?></h4>
<
img src="<?php echo $this->helper('catalog/image')->init($_product, 'small_image')->resize(300); 
?>" 
width="300" height="300" alt="<?php 
echo 
$this->stripTags($this->getImageLabel($_product, 'small_image'), null, true) ?>" />
<?php echo $this->getPriceHtml($_producttrue?>
</div>
<?php endforeach; ?></td>
</
tr>
</
table>
</
a></div>
I think it has to do with the catalog/product_list type maybe… it won’t display this because it is in view.phtml (products page)...The dropdown appears on every other page except the product’s detail page.. Any help would be great!!!

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community