Magento Forum

Add custome e-mail to specific products

kevinjmcmahonjr

Total Posts:  4

Hi,

I’m trying to figure out how to produce a custom e-mail to be sent when certain products are purchase. The client wants additional information to be provide to the customer after the purchase in completed. I was initially trying to see if I could modify the existing confirmation e-mail template to check the order for the product and include the additional information in there, but from what I gather there are no variables available in the e-mail templates that would provide information on products contained in the order.

Is it possible to modify the confirmation template in this way? Or can there be a custom e-mail template created for this product and send it in addition to the confirmation e-mail whenever a specific product is ordered?

Thanks

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

kevinjmcmahonjr

Any ideas? Is this possible? Did I post the topic in the wrong thread?

Please help! Thanks

Magento Community
Magento Community

Siggi_Schmitz
Enthusiast

Total Posts:  811

Hi,

add an own transaction email template, write your own extension, add an observer for the event sales_oder_save_after, get the order object from the parameter in your observer method, get all products from the order and when the product which you want is there, then send an own email to the customer with sendTransactional().

Magento Community
Magento Community

kevinjmcmahonjr

Yikes, I’m about half way through Section 2 of the Magento Developer Video, I think I’m still a few weeks off from figuring this one out. I get what you’re saying, but don’t exactly have the knowledge yet to pull it off without further instruction.

Thanks for the reply.

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community