Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

How do I correctly set up the email notification? 

sokui

Total Posts:  27

Sorry for bothering, I am just a beginner. I want to set up the email notification, like after the customer making some orders, magento should automatically sends the order to the customer, or after the admin processes the order, it should also automatically notify the customer. I saw there are some options in the admin mangement platform, but I don’t know how to correctly set it up! It seems not to work if I just change the store email address.

Another similar question is that how to set up the newsletter? I cannot find any tutorial to teach you to achieve that!!

Thanks!

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

sokui

Total Posts:  27

I think it is a very basic question. Is there anyone dropping by and kindly tell me how to do that? I will really appreciate it!!!

Magento Community
Magento Community

Nizumzen

Total Posts:  26

All the templates for auto-generated e-mails are stored in app/locale/en-US/template/email - just edit them to how you want them to appear to your customers.

Magento Community
Magento Community

caullyn

Total Posts:  2

I am having the same trouble. I have the locale set-up as English-US, SMTP is enabled, I have chosen the message template. I am using 1.2.1

Any help would be appreciated. No emails are being sent as scheduled.

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community