Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Step by Step Theme installation guide please

gorog25

Total Posts:  2

Hello eveyone.

Ireally need a guide how to instal a them on Magento. I dovnloaded a rsponsive theme http://www.ecommercetemplates.co/responsive-magento-adult-template.html and than I search with google for an instrustion. I found a easy to folow threed and after upploaded the theme I try to change it through my admin/System/Configuration/design/package than I typed my chosen name Adult_Store in current package name than save config.( That was the instruction on the threed what i found) After all this a message comes up “An error occurred while saving this configuration: package with this name does not exist and cannot be set.”

When I installed the theme I did it on my hosti root/skin/frontend/default (exactly how I read on that thred) and there is some other folders caled blank,blue,default,french,german,iPhone,modern and my theme Adult_Store

I try to change my them through admin for one of the aboves on the same way how I described and no luck neither.
Question. Am I mised something?
I would really apreciate for a step by step guide.I do not have any experiense for coding or things like this I just wanna set up my own shop in a budget and I already out of thime.
Thank you.

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

gorog25

Total Posts:  2

Monty22 - 16 February 2013 01:53 AM

Hi Gorog,

Unzip the downloaded theme After unzipping your theme, you’ll want to upload it to your web hosting provide.Depending upon the Theme you choose you will see at least 2 folders.

/app
/skin

Note: Some themes include a /js folder as well.

Connect to your web host via FTP, and upload them to the root of your website.

To Activate your Theme-

Now, login to your Magento admin panel and choose System -> Configuration from the drop-down menu at the top of the page. On the left menu click on “Design”. Click on the “Themes” header to expand the section.

You will see 5 fields:
1-Translations
2-Templates
3-Skin (Images / CSS)
4-Layout
5-Default

These fields are where you will add your theme name. The first field “Translations”, is usually kept blank unless you are using an alternate language.

Lets say we downloaded a style named Red, enter “Red” into the Templates, Skin, Layout, and Default fields and click Save Config. The name of the theme and the name you are entering in to each field will differ depending upon the theme you choose. Some themes will come with multiple colors so the fields may not all be the same name.

Now, go to the main page of your storefront, and admire your new theme,if you still looking for any Issue, you can contact us as we are one of the magento extension developers.

Thanks,

Monty
iLoveMage

Hi Monty.

Thank you your reply. It is very kind. I already find this solution,but my problem is when I unzip my downloaded theme.There are seven folders.
/content
/database
/Documentation
/mg1012_design
/mg1012_quickstart
/mg1012_template tihs one has /app
/js
/skin
So shloul I uppload only this? Vat is the rest? for example mg1012_quickstart contains exactly the same folders as my root?I do not relly know what shoul I do all the rest the theme does not come any guide and I am just a newbe :( smile

Magento Community
Magento Community

jmthiphop

Total Posts:  1

gorog25 - 16 February 2013 02:35 AM

Monty22 - 16 February 2013 01:53 AM
Hi Gorog,

Unzip the downloaded theme After unzipping your theme, you’ll want to upload it to your web hosting provide.Depending upon the Theme you choose you will see at least 2 folders.

/app
/skin

Note: Some themes include a /js folder as well.

Connect to your web host via FTP, and upload them to the root of your website.

To Activate your Theme-

Now, login to your Magento admin panel and choose System -> Configuration from the drop-down menu at the top of the page. On the left menu click on “Design”. Click on the “Themes” header to expand the section.

You will see 5 fields:
1-Translations
2-Templates
3-Skin (Images / CSS)
4-Layout
5-Default

These fields are where you will add your theme name. The first field “Translations”, is usually kept blank unless you are using an alternate language.

Lets say we downloaded a style named Red, enter “Red” into the Templates, Skin, Layout, and Default fields and click Save Config. The name of the theme and the name you are entering in to each field will differ depending upon the theme you choose. Some themes will come with multiple colors so the fields may not all be the same name.

Now, go to the main page of your storefront, and admire your new theme,if you still looking for any Issue, you can contact us as we are one of the magento extension developers.

Thanks,

Monty
iLoveMage

Hi Monty.

Thank you your reply. It is very kind. I already find this solution,but my problem is when I unzip my downloaded theme.There are seven folders.
/content
/database
/Documentation
/mg1012_design
/mg1012_quickstart
/mg1012_template tihs one has /app
/js
/skin
So shloul I uppload only this? Vat is the rest? for example mg1012_quickstart contains exactly the same folders as my root?I do not relly know what shoul I do all the rest the theme does not come any guide and I am just a newbe :( smile

wall bump. you have a skin of a magento go template, which is different from a magento community template. i think you messed up eerything in your head.

Magento Community
Magento Community

Martinly

Total Posts:  90

For detailed instructions on how to install new Magento theme, see http://www.magestore.com/magento-installation/how-to-install-new-theme-in-magento
Hope it helpful to you

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community