Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Magento 1.7.0.2 - PayPal Issue - Paid orders not showing as paid. 

dhammerindy

Total Posts:  13

I am trying to get PayPal working on a site and I am having issues with the feature.  This is using the Standard payment method.  I’ve tested the IPN and it appears to work.  I’ve used the test feature in the PayPal sandbox system and the communication test passes.  Everything with the ordering process seems to work except the invoice doesn’t show as paid in Magento.  How do I get Magento to show the invoice as paid?  I’ve attempted to follow the instructions I’ve found online but they don’t seem to help much.

If anyone can help me clear up this paid order issue I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks in advance.

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

dhammerindy

After many hours of testing and cursing I have finally figured out the problem.

I was pulling out my hair because IPN testing seemed to work.  PayPal indicated a 200 status for the IPN so obviously Magento had received the information. The order number was correct.  The dollar amount was correct.  But the order kept showing as Pending.  So as I am about to give up I decide to try one last thing.  I had installed an extension and a 2nd store in Magento.  The idea was to give the site a mobile version of the store.  This seemed to be where the problem was.  I removed the extension and 2nd store and the payment processing worked again.

There probably is a workaround for the IPN and multiple stores issue but I am not sure I care to mess with that right now.  If someone knows an easy fix for IPN and multiple stores please let me know.  I will certainly bookmark the thread for future reference.  Obviously at some point the site will get a mobile version of the store and I will want PayPal processing to work.

Magento Community
Magento Community

dhammerindy

I stand corrected on the \"stores\" issue.  That is not the problem for the pending order error.  The problem is back and there is just the one store.  Something else is causing the problem and it only appeared to be the store.  This may be an issue with extensions.  It seems any time an extension is added the \"pending\’ issue comes up.

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community