Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

After each complete dataflow import, overwritten products have their visibility changed to “Not visible individually”

atrinkle

Total Posts:  1

Magento ver. 1.6.2.0

Everytime that I import my products into Magento, the products that were preexisting there all have their visibility automatically changed to “Not Visible Individually” and I must change them all back to “Catalog, Search”. (I have nearly 1200 products in my catalog)

System>Import and Export>Dataflow - Profiles> Upload File then Run File

What am I doing wrong? 

It can’t be that someone is never supposed to upload and overwrite their existing products...is it?  If that is the case, it will be a major pain in my ass to only upload the products that I have changed in some way and not simply the entire list. 

Thanks!
adam

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

cmaxwell

Total Posts:  13

I have exactly the same issue - i’ve tried mapping the Visibility column in the CSV import file to the ‘visibility’ system field with various values including:

Catalog, Search
catalog

Tried everything I can think of and still products get imported as “Not visible individually”.

Did you ever find a workaround?

Cheers,
Chris

Magento Community
Magento Community

cmaxwell

Total Posts:  13

Just solved this - the order of the fields in the CSV must exactly match the order of the fields in your Dataflow field mapping section.  To set the “Visibility” field correctly I have the value “Catalog, Search” for that field in the CSV - and it works.

Hope this helps anyone with the same issue.

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community