Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Brand Modules - URL and H1 modules

mgfredy

Total Posts:  17

Good morning

I am after some advise - I am using an older version of magento 1.4.1.1 and after a module that can filter by brand

I appreciate that there is a function to do this but the URL is not clean i.e. it is a search query and our SEO company are saying this is not good.

Can any one recommend a module that can do this - also it would be useful if the module had the function of providing a brand landing page as well.

Also our seo company is wanting us to obtain a module which enables us to use H1 tag on a cat. page which is different to the one in the menu page. The reason they have requested this is the menu description are short but they want to use longer H1 titles when on the cat landing page.

Has any one any experience of this.

Thank you in advance for your help

cheers

James

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

mgfredy

Hi

Anyone had a chance to look at this?

Cheers

Magento Community
Magento Community

Amasty
Mentor

Total Posts:  3988

Hi! There are several extensions that can be exetremely useful for you.

Meta Tags Templates Extension allows to generate meta tags for product and category pages based on attributes. You can automatically generate meta tags for product and category pages, category descriptions, short and full product descriptions.
Find more information, user guide and live demo at http://amasty.com/meta-tags-templates.html

With Landing Pages Module you can quickly create pages for new and special price products, for products on promotion. You can create landing pages based on a category and any combination of attributes. The pages will have nice SEO urls and custom meta tags.
To see the details follow the link http://amasty.com/landing-pages.html
If you have any questions feel free to write directly to our support team at http://amasty.com/support.html

Image Attachments
meta tags .pngmeta tags1.pngmeta tags3.pngmeta tags2.pnglanding-pages.pnglanding-pages1.pnglanding pages 2.png

Magento Community
Magento Community

mgfredy

Sorry for forgot to mention the module recommended by our developers deals with the branding URL but not the H1 tag problem and I can not see how the modules that have been recommended in the forum deals with this issue either. I am looking to have a H1 tag on a cat. landing page which is different to teh cat title page which magento automatically uses as the H1 tag.

By way of example cat which appears in the navigation is Furniture but the H1 tag on that page is Dinning room it allows me to add more words on to the h1 tag better from seo perspective

Thank you inadvance for your help

cheers

James

Magento Community
Magento Community

Amasty
Mentor

Total Posts:  3988

Hi James,

Please submit a support ticket at the http://amasty.com/support.html and the developers can check the magento installation.
If it is heavily customized in the core files it can create some issues with nay module from the magento connect.

Magento Community
Magento Community

mgfredy

Thanks for that I am awaiting details from my developer and will supply the user name and passwords that your office require

Again thank you in advance for your asistance

regards

James

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community