Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Combine and Apply Coupon Code Depending on Customer Group? 

cyber5

Total Posts:  5

Scenario: Magento 1.7.0.2
2 Customer Groups are Defined (A and B) - Both Groups are Retail Customers
Shopping Cart Rule has been created that Customer Group B gets 5% Off Entire Cart.

I’m trying to figure out how to do a Promo using a Coupon Code (Shopping Cart Rule) So that:
If Manufacturer=SomeManufacturer
Line Item gets discounted 10% for Customer Group A and B but DOES NOT become cumulative with Customer Group B (ie. Group B does not get 15% off this line item, but will get 10% Off this line item, and still get his 5% off other cart items.

The only way I can figure out how to do it is generate 2 coupon codes - 1 that gives 10&#xof;f that line item to Group A and 1 that gives 5% Off to group B. That can’t be the easiest solution.

Anyone got a better way to do it?

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

cyber5

Total Posts:  5

Nobody has come up with a good solution for this? I can’t be the 1st person to have this scenario, can I?

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community