Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

$this->getStoreCategories() is Not returning anything

peng783

Total Posts:  4

Hi,

I need help with the navigation menu. The navigation menu is not showing any categories when I added new categories in admin panel. No Categories showing in the navigation menu at all.

Here is what I did to the database that caused the problem.
TRUNCATE TABLE `catalog_category_entity`;
TRUNCATE TABLE `catalog_category_entity_datetime`;
TRUNCATE TABLE `catalog_category_entity_decimal`;
TRUNCATE TABLE `catalog_category_entity_int`;
TRUNCATE TABLE `catalog_category_entity_text`;
TRUNCATE TABLE `catalog_category_entity_varchar`;
TRUNCATE TABLE `catalog_category_product`;
TRUNCATE TABLE `catalog_category_product_index`;

insert into `catalog_category_entity`(`entity_id`,`entity_type_id`,`attribute_set_id`,`parent_id`,`created_at`,`updated_at`,`path`,`position`,`level`,`children_count`) values (1,3,0,0,’0000-00-00 00:00:00’,’2009-02-20 00:25:34’,’1’,1,0,1),(2,3,3,0,’2009-02-20 00:25:34’,’2009-02-20 00:25:34’,’1/2’,1,1,0);
insert into `catalog_category_entity_int`(`value_id`,`entity_type_id`,`attribute_id`,`store_id`,`entity_id`,`value`) values (1,3,32,0,2,1),(2,3,32,1,2,1);
insert into `catalog_category_entity_varchar`(`value_id`,`entity_type_id`,`attribute_id`,`store_id`,`entity_id`,`value`) values (1,3,31,0,1,’Root Catalog’),(2,3,33,0,1,’root-catalog’),(3,3,31,0,2,’Default Category’),(4,3,39,0,2,’PRODUCTS’),(5,3,33,0,2,’default-category’);

After I ran the above queries, all the categories in the navi menu are gone, and no categories showing even I add more categories in the admin panel.

I checked the top.phtml file, the code $this->getStoreCategories() is Not returning anything.

How can I fix this?

Thanks

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

Siggi_Schmitz
Enthusiast

Total Posts:  811

You have to add new categorys as a child from the default category, not on the same level.

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community