Magento Forum

Upgrading magento

richardhousham

Total Posts:  5

Hi we have taken the plunge and updating magento to a fresh install.
I’ve taken all the product and category tables from our 1.6 install and gone to a fresh install of 1.7
All seems to be ok, but we have some problems with the pricing index and with the import/export functions.

I get the exception.
exception ‘PDOException’ with message ‘SQLSTATE[21S01]: Insert value list does not match column list: 1136 Column count doesn’t match value count at row 1’ in /home/vhosts/xxxxxxxxx/subdomains/2013/lib/Zend/Db/Statement/Pdo.php:228

When I attempt to reindex, and the error invalid website id when I import/export.

I have tried the database repair tool but it seems to do nothing and just goes blank when I enter the database details.
I’m putting the corrupt/original database in Corrupted Database Connection and a fresh db in Reference Database Connection - which is right I think?

I’ve tried truncating the flat product tables which doesn’t seem to have worked.

Is there any other ideas out there?
Thanks
Richard

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

richardhousham

This is the answer!
Needed to add the new fields onto the tables - be sure to hit them all!

http://www.magentocommerce.com/boards/viewthread/280202/

Magento Community
Magento Community

richardhousham

Still getting errors with invalid website id not working.
We have mutliple websites which we do plan to use, I\’ve heard about removing entries which might solve the problem but there doesn\’t seem to be anything amiss in the core_store or core_website tables that I can see any advice?

Thanks
Richard

Magento Community
Magento Community

kalenjordan

Total Posts:  218
Pasadena, CA

What do you mean when you say that you’ve taken the product and category tables out?  Do you mean that you just imported those tables into the new install manually via MySQL? 

That’s most likely not going to work quite right, because the format of the data in those tables has changes between versions.

In my opinion, it would be better to go the pure upgrade route, but it can depend on the specifics of your Magento install.

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community