Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Static Block change not reflected in live site

julie_spears

Total Posts:  1

Hi All,

Bit of a noob to Magento, so apologies if this is super simple…

I have a static block managing my social media links in my footer.  I have gone into the static block and updated my Facebook URL to a new page, however this change is not reflected in the live site.  I have checked the code a number of times in the admin panel static block and the new Facebook URL is there - it’s just not appearing live.

What do I have to do to make this change live?

PS I’m using the modern template

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

ec0mmerce

Total Posts:  242

Hello

It could happen for many of reasons. But taking into account your description, if you are using some kind of modern magento template and the FB pluin is activated in the admin panel, more likely that a jquery script hinders or overlaps the facebook block, as a variant. In order to resolve this issue, this is necessary to look into the theme’s code.

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community