Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Google Shopping “Out of Stock” Problem

copperlab

Total Posts:  19

I am having a problem where some of my items are being imported into google shopping with the availability set to out of stock.  This was working until recently.  Problem exists on some configurable items.  Happens whether inventory management is turned on or off.  All simple products have a positive quantity, and on website is says that product is “in stock”.  Only in google shopping does it say “out of stock”.  I have also looked in the database in the cataloginventory_stock tables and there are no discrepancies.

This problem is so frustrating.  Any help would be great.

Edit: After further exploration it seems that it is always the first configurable product that is added to google shopping that gets the “out of stock” availability.

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

bronwyngogan

Total Posts:  2

Hello,

We are using Advanced Product Feeds http://mirasvit.com/magento-extensions/advanced-product-feeds-generator.html

Great extension!

Magento Community
Magento Community

Adiln

Total Posts:  14

Using the google content shopping extension, I was finally able to send both Configurable Products and Simple Associated Products to Google Shopping. However I am now running into another issue. The Configurable Product shows up as “out of stock” on google.

I’ve made sure to add both attributes “item_group_id” and “availability” to magento and them out to the Google Content Attribute “Custom Attribute, No Mapping”, since the drop down menu does not show those attributes.

So in Google, The Simple Products show “In Stock” while the Configurable Ones show “Out of Stock”.

I’m using Magento 1.6.2.0 with the Google Shopping v1.6.0.0.1

Please help

Magento Community
Magento Community

copperlab

Total Posts:  19

What I currently do is this.

1. Start with a google shopping merchant account that has all the products deleted out of it.
2. Add one configurable product (pick a product that you don’t mind not being in google shopping because this one will always say out of stock)
3. Add the rest of your products via the add items in magento.
4. Now if you were to look at your google shopping merchant account online you would see two products that were out of stock.  The first configurable product that you added.  And also the first configurable product you added during the bulk add in step 3.
5. Now select all added items in the google shopping part of magento and sync.
6. Once done you can look at your google shopping account online.  The only product that will say out of stock will be the first product you added in step 2.

That is what I do.  It isn’t perfect, but it works.

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community