Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Cant add more than 101 bundled items to a bundle Product

dinc5150

Total Posts:  2
Sydney, NSW Australia

I have a bundled product with 7 Options in the bundle.

I can add up to 101 items (total) spread across the 7 options, however if I try to add more I get the following SQL Error:

SQLSTATE[23000]: Integrity constraint violation: 1452 Cannot add or update a child row: a foreign key constraint fails (`DB_NAME`.`catalog_product_relation`, CONSTRAINT `FK_MAG_CAT_PRD_RELATION_CHILD_ID_MAG_CAT_PRD_ENTT_ENTT_ID` FOREIGN KEY (`child_id`) REFERENCES `mag_catalog_product_entity` (`entity_id`))

If I remove one of the items I can add another item. It always throws the error when I hit exacly 101 items. I can only find one other person with the same problem, without a solution http://forum.azmagento.com/how-to/bundle-products-adding-simples-91195.html.

I’m left scratching my head over this one. Any help would be appreciated.

Using Magento Community Edition 1.7.0.2

Thanks

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

dinc5150

Total Posts:  2
Sydney, NSW Australia

FIXED:
So after about 8 hrs of debugging and research I came across a post about being people being restricted to 1001 products in a category. Could 1001 be related to my 101… YES.

Hopefully this helps others out in the future

Simply increasing a value in php.ini to a higher number worked

max_input_vars 1000

The related post that I found was here. It\’s possibly due to a PHP function \"parse_str\", however I have not traced through each file to confirm this is the root of the error.

Please add to this post if you have a code fix for this issue as raising the max_input_vars can open yourself to attacks based on hash collisions.

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community