Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

How can I do this? 

adddeveloper

Total Posts:  4

I am setting up my Magento store (community edition), selling t-shirts. I would like to have a drop-down menu that ask if the buyer wants custom print his name on the t-shirt. If yes, then a text field will appear below the drop-down menu and ask for his/her name. If no, the text-field will not appear.

So its kind of like a ‘conditional logic’ thing… not sure how can we do this.

Please help. Thanks.

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

Magikvishal

Total Posts:  278

Hello check below tips may be help you
Goto->Admin->Catalog->Manage Products->select your product->Custom Options(left side tab bottom)->Add new option->
add title,input type-filed,is-required no,add price -> save

due to is-required filed NO when customer wants name then they will pay extra fee otherwise pay only base price

Magento Community
Magento Community

adddeveloper

Thanks for the suggestion. By doing what you mentioned above, the ‘text field’ will still show even if the buyer select ‘NO” option right? If so, is there a way to hide that?

Magento Community
Magento Community

adddeveloper

bumping. Can someone please help me out with this? thanks a million

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community