Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Error on importing CSV to Magento

bigonroad

Total Posts:  1

I’m uploading a CSV. I’ve previously tried it without image sections filled in, and its imported all products. Now, on import, I’m getting this error:

SQLSTATE[23000]: Integrity constraint violation: 1452 Cannot add or update a child row: a foreign key constraint fails (##dbnameremovedforsecurity##`.`mg_catalog_product_entity_media_gallery`, CONSTRAINT `FK_mg_CAT_PRD_ENTT_MDA_GLR_ATTR_ID_mg_EAV_ATTR_ATTR_ID` FOREIGN KEY (`attribute_id`) REFERENCES `mg_eav_attribute` (`a)

Any ideas?

C

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

kirastolf

Total Posts:  4

Form my experience, I had with data import, there is always something wrong with images. Here you will find a list of the most common Magento image import problems and the solutions to them.
http://www.file2cart.com/blog/6297-five-most-common-magento-image-import-problems At least for general understanding

Magento Community
Magento Community

bigonroad

Total Posts:  1

Sorry, but none of those are helpful, I’m afraid.

Any other ideas, perhaps guided by the error message?

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community