Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Easy way to add charges to an existing order? 

Davidoptics

Total Posts:  2

I feel stupid asking this because surely there’s an easy way I’m just missing.  But once an order is in Magento, is there any way to add charges to the order?  For example, a customer orders a product, and before we ship it the customer contacts us and wants to add a custom option to that product that they didn’t originally order.  Is there any way for us to edit the order in Magento and add the option (or AT LEAST add a charge for the option)?

The only way I know to collect the extra funds is to go into our credit card processor’s site (Authorize.net) and enter a new virtual transaction.  But to do that we have to get the customer’s credit card information again (which is embarrassing because the customer expects us to already have that info, or to be able to simply add the charges to the existing transaction).  It’s also time consuming to have to go back to the customer to get credit card info.

Is there an easier way?

David

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

Davidoptics

Total Posts:  2

Does anyone have any ideas about this?

Magento Community
Magento Community

sumantechno
Guru

Total Posts:  478
Bangalore

From Magento Admin you can edit order.For each order you will find edit button on the right top.

If you want to spent some money u can user the “True Edit Order” of “tinybrick”

http://www.tinybrick.com/magento-true-edit-orders.html

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community