Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Installation Wizard freezes

kvangest

Total Posts:  12

I’m trying to install version 1.7.0 on a hosting package using the downloader package. The downloader starts fine but then stops at installing the core modules. No error messages is displayed, screen just freezes.

I am thinking that this has something to do with the permissions of certain files and folders. When I reload the page I get an error that some files and folders are writeable by group and others. According to the Installation guide these files/folders should have write permissions set for group and others so I am thinking that it is my hosting provider that sets this limitation. I opened a case for further investigation.

Does anyone has any idea or advice on how to solve this? Maybe a workaround by not using the installer?

Thx in advance,

Kristof

Image Attachments
11-02-2013 23-56-28.png

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community