Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

How do i add fonts to my site

alidec

Total Posts:  13

Our website has a t shirt designer which allows customers to, well, design their own tshirt. We offer them the opportunity to upload their own art and use text on the shirt also. How do i get the new fonts onto our site so that they can be made available for customers to use. We already have some fonts which the company who designes our site put on for us, they told us to use adobe flash cs4 to convert the fonts but i cant get it to work for me.

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

bubbaboosh

Total Posts:  12

Hi alidec,

Good Q.

Does the type of font matter?

If not then your could simply offer Google Fonts, they are free and easy to use. Just have an inline style on the example text and dynamically add the font name into the style when they select it from a drop down!

http://www.google.com/webfonts

If you wanted to use well known fonts like Helvetica Neue etc then you have licensing issues to worry about, but the technology you could use would be either @fontface or cufon both have pros and cons.

Hope this helps!

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community