Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Configurable product with two dropdowns, only the first works

daemonfish

Total Posts:  6

I’ve created a configurable product and given it two options that the customer can customize.

The first dropdown works as expected, but the second one is unclickable. I’ve verified that the associated products are properly set up, and the attribute has the same settings (aside from the specific options and title) as the dropdown that works properly.

I have a jquery noconflict line in my html, and the problem persists even with the default magento theme. Has anyone else run into a similar problem?

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

Store_Manager
Enthusiast

Total Posts:  867

Hi there,

If I understood you correctly, you cannot select the values from second drop-down unless you select any from first one. If that is right, then it is ok, as Magento itself works in this way.

In case you cannot select values from second drop-down after the first one is selected (as you say that the issue remains with default Magento template), check if you correctly create attribute (it should have scope - global, input type -drop-down, assigned to all products and have values.)
In case the issue remains, provide us the URL to any product at your store as an example.

Magento Community
Magento Community

daemonfish

I checked on my attributes, they’re set up as you described.

Below is a link to the product I’m using to test the configuration options. I’ve deleted and recreated the product, and I’m still seeing the same issue: 1st option selectable, second option not selectable.

http://199.189.226.123/tubas/st-petersburg-model-202

Magento Community
Magento Community

Store_Manager
Enthusiast

Total Posts:  867

Hello,

I’m really sorry. I somehow missed your reply. But as I can see, everything is fine now.

Can you please post here how did you solve the issue for other users who face the same problem.

Magento Community
Magento Community

daemonfish

I had to disable the jqTransform script (that shipped with my theme) on that particular set of elements. Unfortunately it doesn’t play nicely with configurable products.

This line in my theme’s scripts.js:

jQuery(’.form-language, .header .block-currency, .toolbar .sort-by, .toolbar .limiter, #product-options-wrapper .input-box, .block-order-return .return-select, .shipping-form .form-list .input-box’).jqTransform({imgPath:’<?php echo $this->getSkinUrl("images/") ?>’});

was changed to this

jQuery(’.form-language, .header .block-currency, .toolbar .sort-by, .toolbar .limiter, .block-order-return .return-select, .shipping-form .form-list .input-box’).jqTransform({imgPath:’<?php echo $this->getSkinUrl("images/") ?>’});

(I removed ‘#product-options-wrapper .input-box’ from the jqTransform init.

Magento Community
Magento Community

hankmoody

Total Posts:  2

Hi there,

I am stuck with exactly the same issue, the second drop down list in configurable product does not work. To make sure the attributes are configured correctly I tried to swap the lists (in my case “size” and “color") and no matter which one of them is first displayed on product page, the other one does never works.

daemonfish - 25 February 2013 06:24 AM

I removed ‘#product-options-wrapper .input-box’ from the jqTransform init.

This solution also doesn’t work for me. As I am not really fluent in PHP nor in JS any help would be greatly appreciated.

regards,
HM

Magento Community
Magento Community

daemonfish

You could try just disabling jqtransform entirely… I removed it from the specific element that was causing issues in the code I posted, but you might try commenting out that entire line and see if it helps, then work your way backwards to see what you can enable again before it breaks.

Magento Community
Magento Community

hankmoody

daemonfish - 03 May 2013 02:37 PM

You could try just disabling jqtransform entirely… I removed it from the specific element that was causing issues in the code I posted, but you might try commenting out that entire line and see if it helps, then work your way backwards to see what you can enable again before it breaks.

I am sure that’s a good way to try smile But as I said before, I am not comfortable with JS and have no idea how to do this smile Thanks anyway!

Magento Community
Magento Community

rusackson

I had the same dropdown issue with a template/theme for Magento. I couldn’t get the second dropdown to function. Removing

#product-options-wrapper .input-box
from scripts.js did the trick. Now it looks like crap but it works.

Here is the directory to the scripts.js
skin/frontend/default/yourthemename/js/scripts.js

Thanks for the post. Lost a whole day on this one.

Magento Community
Magento Community

rusackson

Here is my final solution to this problem:

In styles.css file: skin/frontend/default/themeXXX/css/ change

.product-options .input-box { }
(remove styles)

In scripts.js file: skin/frontend/default/themeXXX/js/ change the following line (2-9):

jQuery(document).ready(function(){
jQuery
(function(){
jQuery
(\'.form-language, .header .block-currency, .toolbar .sort-by, .toolbar .limiter, .block-order-return .return-select\').jqTransform({imgPath:\'<?php echo $this->getSkinUrl(\"images/\") ?>\'});
});
jQuery(function()
{
}
);

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community