Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Help resetting magento admin id

kgrace

Total Posts:  1

Good afternoon all.  I\\\’m pulling my hair out trying to reset the admin id on a magento site that I\\\’m taking over development for.  The other developer disappeared. 

I\\\’ve followed the steps in this post:

http://www.magentocommerce.com/wiki/recover/resetting-admin-password

to reset the admin.  I\\\’ve tried MD5 hash alone, MD5 with the two character salt - nothing seems to work. 

Is there somewhere I can just change to code to skin authentication and let me in once so I can use the tool to change the password or is there another option?

Any help is appreciate.

Thanks
Kevin

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

dangerousal

Total Posts:  8

Hi i think i did this in the sql database by creating a new user (row) with all the same attributes as the admin, and then using md5 hash to enter the password, it was a while ago but its definitely doable

Magento Community
Magento Community

MagenX
Enthusiast

Total Posts:  791
Dublin

yes you have two better options,
create another admin in mysql, or create admin on your local magento and then import him into your development database.

dont forget to flush all sessions and cache

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community