Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Reindex Warning Still Showing After Full Reindex from both Admin and Shell!  How can we fix this? 

joshuajarman

Total Posts:  76

Reindex Warning Still Showing After Full Reindex from both Admin and Shell!
How can we fix this?

I’ve Selected All and Reindexed in the admin.
I’ve done a reindex all from the shell.

No matter what we try the Index warning shows in the admin and we cannot get this warning to go away.
What could possibly be triggering this and how can we fix it?

Please help!  Thanks!

PS. Magento 1.7.0.2

Image Attachments
reindex.pngadmin_reindex.png

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

joshuajarman

Total Posts:  76

SOLVED:

Reindexing each one, one at a time didn’t work starting at the bottom or at the top as long as the index mode was set to Update on Save.

What finally solved this issue was turning all of them to Manual Reindex, and starting at the bottom and reindexing each one, one at a time, ignoring any that turn red and working my way up the list.  Once i reached the top, i reindexed the red ones from the top down, then turned back on the Update on Save reindex mode.  Apparently Update on Save was creating a loop between those items triggering infinite reindexing that could never complete despite saying that they were reindexed and showing no errors in the logs.

Hope that helps anyone who runs into the same issue.

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community