Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Page 1 of 2
Price increases not showing on Product page. Old prices still showing! 

kallym

Total Posts:  10

Hi, After doing price increases across the site, the new prices are not showing up on the product pages.

The only place I can find the “old” price is in the database category_product_flat tables for the store views (category_product_flat_3 for example). The category_product_flat_1 table shows the correct prices. Magento Admin >> Catalog >> Manage Products shows the correct prices.

I tried several times to reindex everything, flush caches, etc. Then, because this is an emergency, I tried to do am MySql query to update the prices to the category_product_flat_1 prices but only managed to turn all the category_product_flat_3 prices to 0.00. So I truncated the table, flushed the Magento cache and reindexed the product flat data, but the old prices came back, not the new ones!

We are stumped and our store is showing prices that are too low.

Some more background....
The product grids on the individual store home pages were showing two prices: old price (crossed out ) and the new price (our increased price) was showing as “special price”. We do not have ANY special prices set and of course we don’t want prices increases showing as “special prices” or the older, cheaper price showing. I did a temporary fix for this in view.html, but need to find a permanent fix. So, in the home page grid, the price is showing correctly, but when you click on it to go to the product page, the old incorrect price is showing.

Where are these old prices coming from? Can someone help me. We need to close the store down so people can’t buy at the old price - at a loss to us!

Thank you!

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

joshuajarman

Total Posts:  76

Have you reindexed the product prices?
Admin>System>Index Management>
(maybe flush the cache as well after reindexing)

I’ve found that when old prices where showing more often then not it was simply due to the fact that the user didn’t reindex after updating the prices.

I hope that helps!

(Also, check to make sure you don’t have any catalog price rules or shopping cart price rules applying to the products in question.)

Magento Community
Magento Community

kallym

Yes, I had flushed the caches, reindexed, everything you mentioned before I wrote my original post. Nothing has helped. The strange thing is that I can find no instance of the old prices in the database. Of course there are a lot of tables and maybe I missed something, but I can’t figure out where it is pulling the old prices from!

I used Store Manager to import the new prices, but, in Store Manager and in Magento Admin everything looks fine as far as pricing, it’s just the site that is not showing the correct pricing. It’s not just my computer, other people are seeing the old pricing, too.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Magento Community
Magento Community

kallym

Thank you for your input, but, as I said before. I have reindexed everything several times and flushed the cache several times. I have someone else looking into the problem for me. They think it might be a corrupt database. If they come up with a solution, I will post it here

Thank you.

Magento Community
Magento Community

srmobile

Total Posts:  276

I am having the exact same issue!: http://www.magentocommerce.com/boards/viewthread/311150/
I\’ve done everything you\’ve done as well and same results on the product view, but looks fine on category views. Even have the “special price” appearing as well but only when doing a sql query.

I\’ve gone as far reinstalling a fresh copy of magento and fresh database, still the same result when updating my product pricing.

Now I\’m in the process of trying a different service provider in hopes that the issue is related to the mysql server.

Do you by any chance use Store Manager for Magento ?
Have you recently done any updates to your installation? (I did a yum update prior to noticing this but not sure if it is a factor or not)

SR

Magento Community
Magento Community

srmobile

Same problem on a different service provider on the latest 1.7.0.2.

Going to try going back to 1.7.0.0......

I hope this isn’t related to Store Manager for Magento hmmm I emailed them Thursday, still waiting for a responce on this issue but would be good if you can confirm if you are using the same product or if you are updating your products through the magento admin login.

SR

EDIT: 1.7.0.0 didnt work neither did 1.6.2.0.................

Magento Community
Magento Community

kallym

Yes, we imported the new prices using Store Manager. I spoke to someone else who thinks that may have caused the problem. They are going to take a look at the database and see if anything there was corrupted. I’ll let you know what I find out. Let me know what Store Manager says.
Thanks!

Magento Community
Magento Community

srmobile

kallym - 10 March 2013 03:53 PM

Yes, we imported the new prices using Store Manager. I spoke to someone else who thinks that may have caused the problem. They are going to take a look at the database and see if anything there was corrupted. I’ll let you know what I find out. Let me know what Store Manager says.
Thanks!

Hi kallym,

Looks like we found our culprit!

There is no way that 2 different hosting providers, 3 different versions of magento would be having the exact same issue. The only common thread is Store Manager for Magento.

Thank you for confirming this with me, I’ll be adding this to my case with them.

I’ll keep you posted, please do the same.

SR

Magento Community
Magento Community

Store_Manager
Enthusiast

Total Posts:  867

Hello,

@kallym
Haven\’t heard back from you. Can you please contact our support team to check this issue for you? Please use chat here - http://www.mag-manager.com/ and the issue will be checked using remove connection free of charge.

To information of other forum users, Srmobile has contacted us us and we investigated the issue from our side.
The problem was with special prices and checking it we discovered that Magento itself works in this way - if you put special price value bigger than general product price, the system itself anyway displaces lowest price as special price.

For example, we have product with price and set special price $24.95 and for it set special price $33 - http://my.jetscreenshot.com/19270/20130321-uq5b-65kb.jpg
after we save the changes and go to see results we see that the lowest price were treated as main, no matter of the fact that we set higher as special price (Magento itself considers the lowest price indicated as special price) - http://my.jetscreenshot.com/19270/20130321-pskn-49kb.jpg

So, the issue is not connected with Store Manager. Magento itself works this way. Please note, the above screen-capture were made on fresh installation of default Magento with default template and without Store Manager being connected.

Magento Community
Magento Community

srmobile

Store_Manager - 21 March 2013 06:04 AM

To information of other forum users, Srmobile has contacted us us and we investigated the issue from our side.
The problem was with special prices and checking it we discovered that Magento itself works in this way - if you put special price value bigger than general product price, the system itself anyway displaces lowest price as special price.

For example, we have product with price and set special price $24.95 and for it set special price $33 - http://my.jetscreenshot.com/19270/20130321-uq5b-65kb.jpg
after we save the changes and go to see results we see that the lowest price were treated as main, no matter of the fact that we set higher as special price (Magento itself considers the lowest price indicated as special price) - http://my.jetscreenshot.com/19270/20130321-pskn-49kb.jpg

So, the issue is not connected with Store Manager. Magento itself works this way. Please note, the above screen-capture were made on fresh installation of default Magento with default template and without Store Manager being connected.

This isn’t exactly what happened and I am still having the issue, I’ve just found a way to deal with it through a MySQL/php script to add my markups.

First I’d like to say that the support for Store Manager has been superb.

Now, to clarify.

My issue is that when I import products with Store Manager and manipulate the price afterwards. The new price is only shown in category views and not on the product view.

Yes during our session, the support team uncovered something that I had over looked - the fact that some how on import all products in my store were given a value of 1999$ for “special price”. However upon closer inspection, I do not have this set in my import mapping and since there were no products in my store database prior to import, it is only fair to conclude that the software is what assigned a value to that field.

Even when I set all my products special price to “0$” through the Admin Panel, the behaviour is the same. Changing the price of a product is only reflected in category views, but when you click on the product, the original price that was there on import remains.

I’ve recreated this scenario multiple times and when I first submitted the case, it was only through Store Manager that the behaviour was occurring, now it doesn’t matter if I do so in the Admin Panel or through Store Manager so I am at a loss as to why.

As I stated, I have found a work around that suits my needs and have been concentrating on other aspects to get my store ready to launch, when I have more time I will troubleshoot it with a test database and hopefully get to the bottom of this issue. But as it stands right now, the issue is still present and in my opinion has something to do with the way the database is imported through the software.

SR

Magento Community
Magento Community

Store_Manager
Enthusiast

Total Posts:  867

Not to guess, lets check it with Magento itself. We submitted this issue as a bug. You can track it from your side also here -
http://www.magentocommerce.com/bug-tracking/issue?issue=14838

Magento Community
Magento Community

srmobile

I agree that what you have posted is a bug.

But it is not the issue I am talking about.

If I import a product with a price of 100$ (with no special price) it shows both in category view and on product view 100$.

If I change the price in store manager or the admin panel to 200$ the price will be shown as 200$ in category view, but if I click on the product it shows 100$.

The only thing I can think of is that I am using the import feature in the software, again I will research it more on my end and perhaps even make a video to submit to the support team.

But like I said, we are talking about 2 separate issues.

SR

Magento Community
Magento Community

kallym

The problem was a corrupt database. The fellow that fixed it ran a compare with another fresh install of Magento, deleted corrupted rows, and reindexed everything. His opinion was that the Store Manager import we did corrupted the database. We really like Store Manager, so, hope this is something they can address.

Magento Community
Magento Community

srmobile

EDIT: Reproduced the problem, not only that but I reproduced it clearly and was recording the session.

I’ll send the case to Store manager a long with my import file, configuration and anything else they need to figure this out.

SR

Magento Community
Magento Community

srmobile

Okay so the problem is this:

Store Manager gives the ability to manage each store view, as a result, yes I was changing the price but it was not reflected because I did not apply it to the correct store view.

kallym, I suspect this is what you were doing as well. It is an honest mistake.

My hats off the eMagicOne team, they have been extremely helpful and always answer all of my questions. I am happy that the problem turned out to be something simple.

SR

Magento Community
Magento Community

kallym

Thanks for that information. I did not do the data entry myself, so will contact that person to see if that could possibly have been the problem.

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Page 1 of 2