Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Logic in Custom Options

henrymaher

Total Posts:  3

Is there a way to put logic into custom options?

Scenario 1:
User selects radio button (onclick event) show text box(s)

Scenario 2:
The user fills in a form and then clicks a submit button (on the product page).
System runs a validation sub routine and if all data is correct then it updates the price based on how they filled the form in
(Multiple values determine the end price this is why I can’t use custom options straight out of the box and assign a increasing value based on single values the user enters)

If you could face me in the right direction on this one?

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

AITOC
Guru

Total Posts:  618
US

Hello henrymaher,

1. Do you mean in your first scenario a kind of dependent options, when you choose one option and a specific other option appears after that?
2. So you are not satisfied with the way it works now, when after each option your customer chooses, the price of the product is updated?
Cause this is to my mind a more clear behavior, than filling a form and then getting an error or unsuitable price and having the necessity to fill it again.

Magento Community
Magento Community

henrymaher

Total Posts:  3

Excellent for scenario 1 that is spot on. Will go off and research it.
It looks like the project spec will be for a combination of scenario 1 and 2.
Scenario 2 is an interesting one and if I could keep magento vanilla then I would not be mucking around further.
Can see your point about magento throwing an error and crashing out in a section of code.
Anyway am back to the drawing board and am looking into the code and trying to get an idea on how magento works. See ya in a while.....
Code, examples, clues, hints and tutorials much appreciated on the subject

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community