Magento Forum

Upgrade question: Can i just implement my layout in a 1.7.0 version and just transfer the products and categories ? current version is 1.4.0.1

pirondi

Total Posts:  4

I have a magento 1.4.0.1 version, and instead of making the upgrade, i would want to know if it would be possible to just implement the layout again on a 1.7.0 version, and transfer the products/categories ? would i need to do anything else ? i dont mind about the orders or client list.

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

Brent W Peterson

Total Posts:  3217
Minneapolis MN

You will have to make some theme changes in 1.7 from 1.4. Your version does not have a BASE version of Magento.

I would suggest trying it and doing some testing to see what doesn’t work. You will find that many of the layout files in 1.4 are not compatible in 1.7

http://www.magentocommerce.com/wiki/1_-_installation_and_configuration/manual_upgrade_using_fresh_install_and_original_database

Magento Community
Magento Community

Bertran

Total Posts:  17

Hello,

Try this one to move store data including products and categories (orders and customers are also available). It’s pretty simple to use and doesn’t take much time. Check this tutorial for details.

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community