Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Event checkout_onepage_controller_success_action Problem

Gloves

Total Posts:  2

Hi,

I have a store running Magento 1.6.0.0.

We have an observer on the checkout_onepage_controller_success_action event that exports the order details for picking up by fulfillment.

We have about 150-200 orders per day, and about once a week we have one order where the observer is NOT called. We have some logging right at the beginning of our observer, so we can see if it’s being called, and there are no errors in system.log or exception.log.
The order is processed correctly in all other ways, and ends up in the Magento order list the same as the others.

The only common factor with the ‘failed’ events is that the orders were within seconds of another order, but then again there are other orders in similar proximity that both successfully call and process the observers.

Has anyone experienced a similar problem with this event, or does anyone have any ideas on how to debug this further?

I’m sure some will suggest upgrading Magento, but unless this is a known bug in 1.6.0.0 I’d prefer not to spend a lot of time doing that simply in the hope it fixes it.

Thanks
Hans

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

danielstrickland

Total Posts:  4

We are having a similar issue, but this time with Magento 1.3.4.2, which we are maintaining until a full upgrade to the current version is completed by a separate team.  The issue started occurring 1-2 weeks ago, and seems to affect orders randomly.  In a set of 10 orders, 4 orders may have that same “checkout_onepage_controller_success_action” observer function skipped, which it had worked properly for years prior to this recent issue.

Did you ever solve your issue?

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community