Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Export All Products.csv opening as broken columns

acer88

Total Posts:  4

I have come across a problem or maybe this is normal and there is a step I am missing.

I export a csv of all products, and import into excel using data - From text. set all parameters and then view in excel.

The csv comes out like the screenshot -

I have tried removing all “& a m p ;” and replaced with & thinking that the html entities are causing issues…

I am wondering if the html in the magento descriptions are causing a problem? I manually input all these descriptions using the WYSIWYG editor in the magento general product tab.

I have tired opening in open office, excel and CSVed.

Anyone have any ideas as to what step I am missing?

Image Attachments
wdautoparts_screenshot.jpg

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

acer88

Total Posts:  4

OK, So we figured out that it was an error when importing into excel and open office, however now we have the issue with leading Zeros being dropped on skus…

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community