Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Cannot process additional invoices through Authorize.net

Halzen

Total Posts:  12

I don’t know if the title is accurate, but here’s my situation:

Magento Community Edition 1.7.0.2, Authorize.net (authorize only) used to process orders.

Say I have an order with two items, and I only have one available to ship today. I invoice and then ship the first item, and the only thing left to charge is the subtotal of the second item: http://i.imgur.com/diJPD17.png

The first invoice goes through fine and dandy, and the pending capture is adjusted for the reduced amount (price of first item + shipping) on my card’s activity. However, when I go to invoice the second item, I have an error that says “Invoice will be created without communication with payment gateway”: http://i.imgur.com/d8YwdUX.png

What gives? Googling the error yields pretty much zero results, so it seems like I must be doing something really wrong to run into such an issue. Any ideas?

Image Attachments
invoice-error1.pnginvoice-error2.png

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

Halzen

Total Posts:  12

I’m really stuck on this, and could use some help. The only modification I’ve made to anything in /app/code/core/Mage/Paygate/ is in the authorizenet.php file.

I changed

protected $_canCapturePartial       false;
to
protected $_canCapturePartial       true;

This allowed me to edit the qty to invoice so I could create multiple invoices in the first place. Now, I can capture the amount of the first invoice, but I can’t do anything about any remaining items.

If this isn’t a bug, if this is just how Magento is, then I am appalled. Store owners need to be able to break up an order into multiple shipments and invoice those shipments separately. Can someone please point me in the direction of a way to do that?

Magento Community
Magento Community

Tomakun

Total Posts:  77

I’m interested in a solution for this too. While I’m okay with doing the above, it is still a surprising default behavior from Magento. Anyone else can help?

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community