Magento Forum

Cannot place image in static block or cms page

BuroMax

Total Posts:  2

I got the following strange problem with a webshop running magento 1.7
I can upload images when i’m within a static block or cms page, but i cannot place the uploaded images.
When i try to add an image to the page i end up at http://get.adobe.com/nl/flashplayer/, when i look in the source code the page is full of a tags with the http://get.adobe.com/nl/flashplayer/ url. Anyone with the samen problem and solution?
Tried it on Mac Firefox, Chrome, Safari and PC IE 8, 9 Chrome

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

BuroMax

After some further investigation and comparing the webshop to other webshops, the problem was in the dutch translation package. After installing another package the problem was solved.

Magento Community
Magento Community

jorikzwart

I have exactly the same problem! Uploading works fine, but after clicking an image to insert, it redirects to the Get Flash website…

@ BuroMax: what translation file is causing this? What package did you use?

@ Monty22: are you sure you replied in the right thread? In what file do I need to make the suggested change?

Magento Community
Magento Community

SolsWebdesign

Total Posts:  18
Moergestel, the Netherlands

Hello, this can be quite a nasty bug to look for. It took me a while to figure out where this went wrong. And BuroMax you are right, it is the Dutch translation files that causes this.

Go to app/locale/nl_NL/Mage_Media.csv
there you will find the following:

"This content requires last version of Adobe Flash Player. <a href=""%s"">Get Flash</a>","Deze inhoud vereist de nieuwste versie van Adobe Flash Player. <a href=""%s"">Get Flash</a>"
Okay, there is a space in < /a> (so < space /a>) and this turns into a <!-- a --> (probably the editor changes this) and everything becomes wrapped by the get-adobe-link because it is never closed.

Change it to:

"This content requires last version of Adobe Flash Player. <a href=""%s"">Get Flash</a>","Deze inhoud vereist de nieuwste versie van Adobe Flash Player. <a href=""%s"">Get Flash</a>"

And all your problems are solved! Note: clear all cache!!! Logout and close all the browser(s) you\’re working in. If you don\’t somewhere some cache keeps giving problems!
Happy coding!

Magento Community
Magento Community

jorikzwart

SolsWebdesign - 27 March 2013 07:28 AM

Sols, thank you sooo much!! That fixed it indeed! AWESOME!

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community