Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Integrating table rates shipping solution with PayPal Express - SOLVED

TimBu

Total Posts:  24

I’m using Magento ver. 1.7.0.2 CE and PayPal Express Checkout.

For ship charges we use the table rates solution. (Price vs. Destination.)

The problem:

When customers click the Checkout With PayPal button the ship charge does not get sent to PayPal with the shopping cart subtotal. Magento hasn’t collected a shipping location yet, so I don’t think the table rates get a chance to be determined.

If the customer uses the “Estimate Shipping and Tax” and selects a method and clicks “Update Total” before clicking the Checkout With PayPal button, then the proper amount does get sent. However, this is not a solution as I’m sure most customers won’t perform all of those actions.

Any help? Thanks!

Update: Never mind. I see that if I had proceeded further in the process the customer does return to Magento to confirm addresses, select a shipping method, and finalize payment.

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community