Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Downloadable Products Links Problem. Will Pay $$ for solution. 

stewdawg35

Total Posts:  41

Hi, we recently launched our new site. The site sells digital downloads and needless to say we had way more response than anticipated. For the most part everything is running smoothly but for some reason download links are now starting to stay in “Pending” status instead of becoming immediately available.

In our config we have it set to “Pending” status to enable download files. When an item is purchased via Authorize.net does it ever hit Pending status or go straight to processed? We have to have it set to pending in order to enable free downloads of some products.

We are experiencing this on about 2% of all orders which has been about 15 orders today...it is becoming a nightmare to manage. Anyone know what may be causing this?

Like I mentioned in the title, if someone can help me resolve this I will pay you for your time.

Thanks

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

dpdexter

Total Posts:  11
Los Angeles

I was experiencing this same issue so I updated the const setting in:

app / code / core / Mage / Downloadable / Model / Link / Purchased / Item.php

const LINK_STATUS_AVAILABLE = ‘available’;

- to -

const LINK_STATUS_AVAILABLE = ‘pending’;

Problem is an upgrade will overwrite that setting.

Magento Community
Magento Community

978bobs

Total Posts:  44

Not sure but here are some things to think about.

I’m tooling around with this functionality.  If I mix physical products and donwloadables in an order and then play around with shipping the physicals and even partially shipping the physicals it has no impact on the links status --- it stays at “available”.  Even if I invoice out of sequence with the partial shipping it didn’t impact the link status.

Now, in my sandbox testing I’m placing orders using Purchase Order Payment type which goes into Pending status.  I have downloadables set to available at order Pending status.  If I put a transaction that is Pending (link = available) on “Hold” the link moves from available to pending.  If I then “UnHold” the order the download link goes back to available. 

I wonder if your Authorize.net is occasionally putting transactions on Hold which somehow messes things up?  For example with Amex transactions?

I also see the 1.2.1 release notes saying “Changed logic of enabling purchased links (now it depends on order item status, not entire order status”.  I don’t know what it means but it may mean that the download link status was being ill effected by overall order status.  May be this is your issue?  It may also mean that once you test out the 1.2.1 release you might resolve the issue.  But since you didn’t see the issue without volume production, there is no telling. 

You might consider paying for varien support incident so you can get a more direct answer as to whether this behavior is already known and fixed? 

Best of luck and congrats on the go-live.

Magento Community
Magento Community

pesh

Total Posts:  9

dpdexter - 03 February 2009 03:30 PM

I was experiencing this same issue so I updated the const setting in:

app / code / core / Mage / Downloadable / Model / Link / Purchased / Item.php

const LINK_STATUS_AVAILABLE = ‘available’;

- to -

const LINK_STATUS_AVAILABLE = ‘pending’;

Problem is an upgrade will overwrite that setting.

THANKS a TON for this… I implemented this and it works.

The next thing I am trying to figure out is how to have the downloadable file hosted somewhere other than the server where my store is located.  I have tried to add a product with the downloadable link url to another host but it is not working.  I am looking more into the permissions on the other host but that is about the only other thing that would effect the download.

Magento Community
Magento Community

xitch

Total Posts:  54

Brilliant, this has totally fixed my problem too!  I don’t know what happened tho, because I could originally download files no problem; it was only when a customer contacted me and said they had a problem that I noticed they were sticking at pending… Strange, but at least it’s ‘fixed’ now lol smile

Thanks again smile

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community