Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

How much speed to imprive after compile code

magesolutions

Total Posts:  91

Hi guys,

I got from my friend suggestion that if I compile magento it will run faster, basically I don’t see the speed increase too much. Do you guys know how much does it faster than normal after compile?

Thanks

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

magento2x

Total Posts:  57

It ‘s difficult to say about how much does it faster but it ‘s faster. The speed will belong to many factors so that to know how much does it faster you only have way to do the benchmark before and after you do the change.

Magento Community
Magento Community

chiefair
Mentor

Total Posts:  1848

If you have a choice between APC or varnish and the compiler, use APC or varnish. You’ll get a much larger speed gain.

A lot of the time you have no choice when a much needed third party module holes your website below the waterline due to an incipient compiler incompatibility and you find you have to run without the compiler.

Do some actual AB testing and don’t take the cargo cult answers as gospel. Depending on your server setup, compilation may actually slow you down.

Magento Community
Magento Community

magesolutions

Total Posts:  91

Thanks you very much chiefair

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community