Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Best way creating tens or hundreds of thausands products? 

Noxx it baby

Total Posts:  19

Hello,
My business type requires in my shop to be:
1500-2000 Configurable products.
And
1 Configurable product needs to have 750 simple products.

So i must create 1 500 000 simple products for 2000 Configurable products.

That’s fine. I can prepare the EXCEL xml file in one week or so. It even could be 10 files - 150k products each.
But now the rough part.
150k products file = 375MB. That’s nothing i don’t afraid uploading it to server. Etc..

But now i have a problem. MAGENTO simply won’t run it.
It says:

Internal Server Error
The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.

Please contact the server administrator to inform of the time the error occurred and of anything you might have done that may have caused the error.

More information about this error may be available in the server error log.

Web Server at domain.com

I even split file to 30k products = 75MB
Same error.

So the question is:

How to create 1 500 000 simple products not spending a month on creating it.

I would be really grateful for any answer.

Respectfully

Karolis smile

PS: The solution of creating 600 xml files (6mb each) and uploading and running each individually just is not a solution :/

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

RobOrr

Total Posts:  218

Make sure that your host/server is set up to be able to import large files.  I can’t remember where it is - either htaccess or server settings with your host, but you need to make sure you can upload those huge files.

You may have to import directly in to your db though I’m not sure exactly how that would be done.  I know that I had a similar situation with a store that I’m working on and I had to break up the file in to 10 separate files to get them uploaded. 

Sorry I couldn’t help more.

Magento Community
Magento Community

Noxx it baby

Total Posts:  19

Hey RobOrr,

Thanks for something. smile
I can upload files but can’t run it.
And how would i do via mysql?

Magento Community