Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

DataFlow status import failed and is causing issues

joshsmith007

Total Posts:  4

I ran a DataFlow Profile import with two matched columns, sku and status, to set the status of 1000+ products to 2 (disabled).  I tested the profile on a few products and it worked, but when it ran on the larger set it updated each product and set the status to blank instead of 2.  This is causing issues across the board, the products are not visible on the front end or back end except in certain searches, but not admin product sku searches.  I would like to add the 2 to fix the issue, but am not sure how to do it.  Any suggestions?

I did try the following sql to update the status manually based on sku and status attribute id of 96, with no luck:

UPDATE catalog_product_entity_int cpei, catalog_product_entity cpe
SET cpei.value = “2”
WHERE cpe.entity_id = cpei.entity_id
AND cpe.sku LIKE ‘&#xsk;u%’
AND cpei.attribute_id = 96

Thanks in advance for any advice.

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

Store_Manager
Enthusiast

Total Posts:  867

Hi there,

You have an incorrect SQL query. Here is the one that should work -

UPDATE catalog_product_entity_int cpei 
  LEFT JOIN catalog_product_entity cpe ON cpe
.entity_id cpei.entity_id 
SET cpei
.value '2'
WHERE cpe.sku LIKE '&#xsk;u%' AND cpei.attribute_id 96

Let me know how it goes.

Also for future updates, in case you need to update some values, there is other way, as not all required values can be updates that easily. You can try Multi-Editor tool of Store Manager application for bulk changes and updates. It is available for 14-days free of charge, so in case you need to do it one more time, you can do it without additional fee. If you are interested, check the URL in my signature.

Magento Community
Magento Community

joshsmith007

Total Posts:  4

Thanks, I’ll give it a try and will check out that extension.

Magento Community
Magento Community

Store_Manager
Enthusiast

Total Posts:  867

And one more important thing I forgot to mention - do database backup before any mass changes smile

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community