Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Duplicate Compare Product Blocks in Left Column

meikland

Total Posts:  6

I’m new to magento and more of a designer than a programer, but I’m the only guy in the company that can understand code and work with it. The problem I’m having is that the Compare Products block in the left column is showing up twice. The theme I bought had the compare functionality hidden, but I found it and got it to start displaying, but now there are two of them. I don’t know if the problem is in my Catalog.xml, sidebar.phtml, or left.phtml. Any guidance/advice would be greatly appreciated. I’ve attached a screen shot of the issue. Thanks!

Image Attachments
compare_duplication.png

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

MagikTejas

Total Posts:  150

Hello,

Basically in magento if any specific block was not found in the custom theme then magento will fetch it from default theme. In your case I think there is some conflict in the custom theme you brought & default theme which was showing the compare product block twice. I will suggest you to enable templete path hints from admin & check files from which both blocks are coming. Hope this will help you to figure out the issue.

Magento Community
Magento Community

Magikvishal

Total Posts:  278

Hello i think its call twice so search all search product_compare_sidebar in all your theme layout folder
you get repeated block tag OR
check Template Path Hints
goto->admin->system->configuration->Current Configuration Scope(left side)->select main website->Debug(right tab)->Template Path Hints ->select yes->refresh home page

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community