Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

CSV upload removing base image and thumbnail image when set in backend. 

Lee_Chilli

Total Posts:  7

Hi,

I’m currently adding my products on by CSV and uploading my images with the same method. I’ve added my one line csv with this post.

Even if I got to the backend of the site and reset the base images, when the CSV is uploaded with the correct format it doesn\\\’t work.

My images are placed in the media/import folder.

Thanks for any help the site is http://www.anglepoise-direct.co.uk/new-site

File Attachments
test.txt  (File Size: 63KB - Downloads: 56)

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

mattb13

Total Posts:  13

I managed to get it working by putting the images into the /media/import folder then putting the image name in your CSV file under the following columns - image, small_image and thumbnail in the format /myimagename.jpg . Then import the CSV file back into Magento.
As an alternative to manual import you can try to use this service http://www.file2cart.com/supported-carts/55-magento to import data automatically. I had used it, and the work was done pretty well

Magento Community
Magento Community

Lee_Chilli

Total Posts:  7

Thanks for the reply.

I have just tired the method you said but it still shows the magento icon for the base and thumbnail image.

-Update.

Just ran a single product test on my development server and the upload works fine with the method above. I’m unsure why it doesn’t work on the current live area.

- Update.
Problem resolved. Turns out our server wasn’t running the correct script and changed it to FastCGI

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community