Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Import category csv file

pushpa_shar

Total Posts:  8

Hi I am new in Magento. I need to import category and product using csv file. But when i am trying to import only category csv file it is showing error -> Skipping import row, required field \"sku\" is not defined.  Please help me out i have to do this very urgently. I attached my category.csv file screenshot.

Image Attachments
book.JPG

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

Store_Manager
Enthusiast

Total Posts:  867

Hello,

Most likely you have the error because not all columns required for import are there, and checking your file I saw that. Actually you can try to create a few categories and products manually, export them and check the file format you need to have to import correctly.

It is possible to import your categories along with products (create them on-the-fly) or upload them independently from the file you have with no modifications using Store Manager for Magento tool. It more flexible way than using default import method, since the application has no special requirements to import file, so your file is suitable for upload using the application.

In any case, you can try it out, since there is 2-weeks fully-functional free version of the application available -
http://www.magentocommerce.com/magento-connect/store-manager-for-magento.html

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community