Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Magento as a storefront for affiliate product catalogues

jsp_1983

Total Posts:  5

Hi,

I’m really, really impressed by what Magento looks to be capable of and I’d love to use it for a forthcoming project, but I’m a bit unsure as to how suitable it might be for it.

In a nutshell, I’d like to be able to use Magento to sell digital music downloads- a mixture of a small selection of tracks from a friend’s record label and a larger catalogue of tracks from one of the major digital music download stores that runs an affiliate programme.

What I’d like to know is:

1. Can I import a product catalogue feed in to Magento and have customers redirected to the merchant’s own product(s) page when the ‘purchase’ (or whatever) button is clicked?
2. Does Magento support the uploading of MP3 previews for downloadable products?

I’ve searched for answers to both questions, but I didn’t really find a definitive answer either way.

Cheers if you can help!

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community