Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Images next each other

KarinaB

Total Posts:  23

I have in my categories subcategories created.
I would now like to these images of the subcategories in 2 or 3 columns next to each other.
How do I do that?
Karina

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

gotini

Total Posts:  3

It really depends on how the template is made. Using CSS or other method like tables (really old method though).

Magento Community
Magento Community

KarinaB

My template is f002 and my version is magento 1.3.2.4
Can you tell me more with these information?

Magento Community
Magento Community

Lyonscg

Total Posts:  173
Chicago IL

You need to use CSS’s float property (If you’re using tables, you really should start over). Normally, you float each element left (float:left;) with the first in each row having an extra property (clear:left;).

Your CSS would look something like:

.container ul li { float:left; }
.container ul li.first { clear:left; }

then create one more special class “clear”. This class should have this propert “clear:both;” and append that to either the very last sub-category or to an empty div at the end of the list so the container doesn’t break or act weird in older browsers.

.clear { clear:both }

<div class="clear"></div>

I know this is vague, if you can send me a link to the actual site, I can help guide you through what needs to be done exactly.

Magento Community
Magento Community

KarinaB

Hello,I send you a PM
Thanks

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community