Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Magento installation successfull - Can’t access the admin section

Gildas

Total Posts:  1

Hello,

I managed to install Magento on Windows XP Pro with last Apache, PHP and MySQL but I can’t access the admin section. I got the login page but when I entered my login/password, the page reloaded and stayed on the login… Login and password are goods since when I enter anything else, I get an access denied message. I tried to access the dashboard directly by copying the address from your demo store without success.

Anyone got this problem ?

Thanks !

Gildas
Sorry for my poor english… french people, duh smile

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

tunersedge

Total Posts:  16

I believe I might be having the same issue. Install went just fine. I then added a new username for my partner, and tried to add him to the admin role, along with myself. Now both usernames are getting “Access Denied” when logging into the backend. I’ve plucked around in the admin_ tables using phpmyadmin, but I’m not sure what is creating the issue. What table do I need to alter to restore admin access to the users (or perhaps rule access to the role)?

Thanks,

Aaron

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community