Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

SOLVED - Created beta version of site - still linking to production site! 

hrabbot

Total Posts:  8

I created a development instance of my site in a new folder on the same server as the production site, and cloned the mysql db.  i created an url, beta.example.com, which points to the new folder.  After copying the magento filesystem over to the new folder, I edited local.xml to point to the new DB, and manually cleared var/cache.

When I access beta.example.com, it comes up as example.com instead.

What have I missed, and how can I fix it?

Thanks!

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

MagenX
Enthusiast

Total Posts:  791
Dublin

http://www.magentocommerce.com/wiki/1_-_installation_and_configuration/update_site_url_in_core_config_data

Magento Community
Magento Community

hrabbot

Total Posts:  8

Thanks, this did it.  At first the backend wouldn’t let me log in - it’d just send me straight back to the login screen with no error msg.  After clearning Chrome’s cache and cookies, everything’s behaving.

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community