Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

I am having a design problem, please help

swearmic

Total Posts:  2

I’ve applied a background-image in my sytles.css file. But when I go to a page with product listed the background image is bleeding through. I cannot for the life of me figure out what I need to change. Please see my screen shot for further explanation. Any help would be highly appreciated.

thanks guys!

Image Attachments
screenshot-help.png

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

ShaneGage

Total Posts:  1

Check the programming first because many times we live small things which are not easy to detect.

http://www.patentsusa.com

Magento Community
Magento Community

Lyonscg

Total Posts:  173
Chicago IL

My initial guess would be, do the elements that are bleeding through have a background set? Since the background image is showing through, I doubt it’s a z-index issue, that really just leaves transparent backgrounds on elements. You can check this really fast in Firefox using the firebug extension. Just install firebug then right click the element that is bleeding through and select “Inspect Element” and from there look at the css.

Is this page somewhere I can view it? I’m sure if I was able to see the html/css through the frontend I could tell you exactly what is wrong.

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community