Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

How-to guide integrating Magento with SAP ERP ? 
 
MKarvonen
Jr. Member
 
Total Posts:  2
Joined:  2009-09-03
Finland
 

Hi Folks

Is there any how-to guide how to integrate Magento into SAP ERP (Business Suite) in Order-to-cash process point of view?
I know that there are some for Business One and maybe Business byDesign but those are different solutions and built with different interfaces.

 
Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
 
MKarvonen
Jr. Member
 
Total Posts:  2
Joined:  2009-09-03
Finland
 

Hi,

Thank you for your quick response and I’m sorry for my unclear question.

I know BAPIs and RFCs but magento side is not so familiar for me (at least custom module development). SAP has bestpractices for differen processes and also wsdls ready for download from esworkplace.sap.com. With this it is easy to see basic mandatory fields required in interface. Then rest of the fields must be managed based on business requirements. With this information the basic interfaces for salesorders, customers, inventory etc can be done what will enable rapid development and reduce costs dramatically. Also nowadays it is possible to use REST for posting and getting data from SAP systems. Also OData (Open Data Protocol) is supported to make queries from SAP.

I do not know Magento new features so maybe there are all ready this kind of standard modules or apis (and development guide somewhere) to use between systems (not necessarily SAP but could be any other 3rd party system enabled with Webservices).
so with this category question should be like “Can Magento do Webservice or REST-based OData calls to send and receive messages from external systems as standard with community edition?”.

Cheers,
Mika

 
Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
 
nChannel
Guru
 
Avatar
Total Posts:  329
Joined:  2012-02-28
 

I’m not aware of an integration with SAP ERP. I do know that there are integration solutions for other ERP systems with Magento like Microsoft Dynamics GP, NAV, SL and SAGE.

 
Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
 
sambayer
Jr. Member
 
Total Posts:  7
Joined:  2009-02-15
Raleigh NC
 

I know of no “how-to guide” for integrating Magento and SAP ERP.  I suspect even if there was one it would only equip you to scratch the surface of a typical implementation.  The good news is that we offer an out-of-the-box cloud based integration that solves the problem for both B2C and B2B ecommerce implementations.  Typically, within 24 hours, 80% of all the business requirements are implemented with our Magento/SAP solution.

You can find some information about it in MagentoConnect.

We’d be happy to help you decide if our integration approach works for you or if you would prefer to build it on your own.

Sam

Sam Bayer
CEO
www.b2b2dot0.com

 
Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
 
eAppWare
Jr. Member
 
Total Posts:  23
Joined:  2012-06-20
 

On the good news front we also integrate eCommerce to ERPs including Magento to SAP Business One, Business By Design and SAP Suite (R/3/ECC, BW/BI, CRM, MDM, BCS, Business Objects) also having solutions running in the short timeframes. Unfortunately the previous poster did not mention that if you have custom requirements the last 20% of the implementation takes 80% of the time, irrespective of the solution or provider used. You can probably count the number of experienced resource integrating Magento to SAP on one hand, they normally use ATG, Websphere, etc.

 
Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
 
sambayer
Jr. Member
 
Total Posts:  7
Joined:  2009-02-15
Raleigh NC
 

So...if 80% of the problem is solved in 1 day, than the math suggests that the remaining 20% of the problem is solved in an additional 4 days.

From a purely technical standpoint, that’s about right with the b2b2dot0 solution. 

Which...by the way...is a REAL time integration into SAP, as opposed to the batch (aka Extract Load and Transform) solutions.  Which by the way, are doomed to failure when integrating SAP with Magento in the more complicated B2B scenarios. 

Sam

 
Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Back to top