Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Can’t import images with Magmi

handcoded

Total Posts:  110

Hi

I’ve spent days now trying to import images into Magento 1.7.0.2 without success. I’ve played with the paths over and over but it refuses to work. I tried using /image-name.jpg and http://www.domain.com/folder/image-name.jpg but it still refuses to work.

I am getting errors every time I try to upload but the file path is correct. This is driving me mad. Some help would be appreciated.
Extra info along with the error are on the image attachment.

Thanks

Image Attachments
magmi-image-upload-error.gif

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

dweeves
Enthusiast

Total Posts:  877
FRANCE

Fixed, your import is currently running.

the magento filesystem base path has to be set relative to magmi ui or explicitely use the ABSOLUTE path.

since magmi image importer will create directories under this magento base path to store images according to magento desired layout.

so setting magento filesystem base path to ../.. (relative to magmi ui) seem to make it work ok.

Magento Community
Magento Community

handcoded

I could kiss you.

Thanks ever so much.

Magento Community
Magento Community

handcoded

All images were imported just fine it would seem but images only appear on the product detail pages and not category listings.
I’ve tried clearing all caches and re-indexing but this has made no difference.

The fields that were imported were named correctly as image, small_image and thumbnail
The images that have uploaded are allot smaller than the original image size

Any ideas as to what is going on at http://bit.ly/14JkSxW

Thanks

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community