Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

The code is not working on server if we include the router definition in config.xml

kuldeepvaishya

Total Posts:  14

We are getting very strange problem. We have implemented a custom router in a custom module. It is working fine as expected in local setup. But when we include the router definition in the modulename/etc/config.xml (the code between <default> tag in the following code), every page of the website gives just a blank page. I am getting blank pages on every url, so dont even know how to debug it. My config.xml is this and if you want any other code from the module I can give that too.

<?xml version="1.0"?>

<config>    
    <
modules>
        <
Foursevencustom_Stylist>
            <
version>0.1.0</version>
        </
Foursevencustom_Stylist>
    </
modules>

<default>
        <
web>
            <
routers>
                <
stylist_myrouter>
                    <
area>frontend</area>
                    <class>
Foursevencustom_Stylist_Controllers_Router</class>
                </
stylist_myrouter>
            </
routers>
        </
web>
    </default>

<
frontend>
        <
routers>
            <
stylist>
                <use>
standard</use>
                <
args>
                    <
module>Foursevencustom_Stylist</module>
                    <
frontName>stylist</frontName>
                </
args>
            </
stylist>
        </
routers
        <
layout>
            <
updates>
                <
foursevencustom_stylist>
                    <
file>stylist.xml</file>
                </
foursevencustom_stylist>
            </
updates>        
        </
layout>  
    </
frontend>
</
config>

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

kuldeepvaishya

anybody?? please its driving me crazy…

Magento Community
Magento Community

kuldeepvaishya

This is the error log in system.log

2013-02-03T08:11:57+00:00 ERR (3): Warning: include(Foursevencustom/Stylist/Controller/Router.php): failed to open streamNo such file or directory  in /chroot/home/fourseve/fourseven.in/html/lib/Varien/Autoload.php on line 93
-02-03T08:11:57+00:00 ERR (3): Warning: include(): Failed opening 'Foursevencustom/Stylist/Controller/Router.php' for inclusion (include_path='/chroot/home/fourseve/fourseven.in/html/app/code/local:/chroot/home/fourseve/fourseven.in/html/app/code/community:/chroot/home/fourseve/fourseven.in/html/app/code/core:/chroot/home/fourseve/fourseven.in/html/lib:.:/usr/share/pear:/usr/share/php')  in /chroot/home/fourseve/fourseven.in/html/lib/Varien/Autoload.php on line 93

Magento Community
Magento Community

TreInnova
Guru

Total Posts:  465
Fano

kuldeepvaishya - 02 February 2013 11:18 PM

This is the error log in system.log

2013-02-03T08:11:57+00:00 ERR (3): Warning: include(Foursevencustom/Stylist/Controller/Router.php): failed to open streamNo such file or directory  in /chroot/home/fourseve/fourseven.in/html/lib/Varien/Autoload.php on line 93
-02-03T08:11:57+00:00 ERR (3): Warning: include(): Failed opening 'Foursevencustom/Stylist/Controller/Router.php' for inclusion (include_path='/chroot/home/fourseve/fourseven.in/html/app/code/local:/chroot/home/fourseve/fourseven.in/html/app/code/community:/chroot/home/fourseve/fourseven.in/html/app/code/core:/chroot/home/fourseve/fourseven.in/html/lib:.:/usr/share/pear:/usr/share/php')  in /chroot/home/fourseve/fourseven.in/html/lib/Varien/Autoload.php on line 93

Is the compilation mode enable? if yes try to disable.
regards
filippo.

Magento Community
Magento Community

kuldeepvaishya

compilation mode is disabled. Checked in System/tools/compilation

Magento Community
Magento Community

kuldeepvaishya

the controllers/Router.php should be Controllers/Router.php, i.e. capital first letter and it works. Two days wasted.

Magento Community
Magento Community

dmlmdev

Total Posts:  33

kuldeepvaishya - 03 February 2013 06:59 AM

the controllers/Router.php should be Controllers/Router.php, i.e. capital first letter and it works. Two days wasted.

I am sure that is a joy many Magento developers such as me have faced before smile. One of the joys of developing and testing on a windows machine. With a linux install you would spot it before it goes to production.

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community