Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Catalog management, stock management and shipping through API of supplier

edotclark

Total Posts:  0

Hi,

My name is Earl and I work for a company that sells Magento webshops and builds custom web applications.
Now there is a customer who wants to sell product online and his supplier has an API available. Their catalog is continuously changing and so is their stock.
They sell car lights and casings. I can make an API call with the car brand, model and type and then I\\\’ll receive a list with products and the current stock level. If the product is in stock I can make an order through their API, pass on information about the customer and receive an order confirmation and shipment tracking code.
Since there is no Magento module available for this supplier and they don\\\’t offer any Magento-specific API or feed, I doubt if it\\\’s a good choice to use Magento instead of custom build webshop. For \\\"normal\\\" webshops we always use Magento, but in this situation I think it’s better to build a webshop by ourself…

I’d like to what you think about my situation, what I should consider and what choice you would have made.

If anything is unclear, please let me know, so I can explain it.

Thanks in advance!

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community