Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Google optimizer - no longer active but still redirecting

Total Posts:  28

Hey guys - I have a 1.7. CE upgraded from 1.4. CE

Back in 1.4 there was an inbuilt Google Optimizer section that I used to test different homepage variations - however since then:

1) I have upgraded to 1.7 which no longer has the Google Optimizer section (Magento must have pulled it for some reason) - so can’t change the code
2) Google Optimizer itself has been been pulled itself - google no longer supports it and it is now under google analytics - so I can’t turn off the experiment

But this has left me with my pages still being redirected as per the variation experiments i.e I had 4 homepages:

Original (DOMAIN.com)
Variation 1 (DOMAIN.com/home2)
Variation 2 (DOMAIN.com/home3)
Variation 3 (DOMAIN.com/home4)

So, with Variation 2 being the winner, my homepage still points to Variation 2, and as the section is no longer in 1.7 I can’t stop this redirect - the code is still redirecting it somehow but I don’t know where/how!

My domain is www.agatha.co.nz

Look forward to your help please.

Mitchell

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community