Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

blank page after uploading files

Joanra

Total Posts:  2

Hello all,

I downloaded Magento Community Edition 1.7.0.2, uploaded to the server and changed file/dir permissions as asked by installation guide.

Then, going to http://www.domain.ext/magento/install

leads me to a blank page.

Running magento-check.php on my server shows that \\\"Congratulations! Your server meets the requirements for Magento.\\\”

Any idea of what to do now?

Uploading magento files took like half a day in this server, can there maybe be some corrupted files? I wouldn\\\’t like to delete and upload all files again…

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

Joanra

Total Posts:  2

harshelsner - 05 February 2013 04:24 AM

Hi,

This usually happens when you modified files, theme templates or modules / extensions, or installed a theme or extension
which cause fatal PHP errors.

please try to Disable Magento Compiler and Clear cached Magento data , in the most cases it should solve the issue.

Thank yo Harshelsner,

I finally solved this issue. I’ll post it how in casi it can help someone:

1. I enabled errors display in index.php with the code: ini_set(’display_errors’, 1);
2. I realised it was a problem of memory allocation
3. Browsing the net I found that I had to increase the memory limit, so I added in the same file index.php the following line: ini_set(’memory_limit’,’64M’);

After this, the installed magento is working fine!

Cheers

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community