Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Magento import product name in Japanese lost characters? 

DarkEyes

Total Posts:  3

Hi all,

My store is using 2 stores view : english and japanese(default is english).

I use import function of Magento. After importing, product name in english store view different with japanese store view although csv file has not store_id column.

Any ideas?

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

luisagovard

Total Posts:  5

When the default language configured incorrectly, then perhaps make sure that the ISO code has been properly specified.
Also check encoding. the recommended encoding for your file is UTF-8. If your file is in different encoding you can change it with the help of any text editor that supports this feature. This is highly important for files containing non-English letters: and so on. I would also advice you to take a look at this service-http://www.file2cart.com/supported-carts/55-magento It will simpify the import procedure for you

Magento Community
Magento Community

Store_Manager
Enthusiast

Total Posts:  867

Hello,

There is the application called Store Manager for Magento, that allows to import to definite store view. As for incorrect characters, the software should handle your file without the problem, as it has built-in encoding.
There is 2-weeks free version of the application, so you can try to import your data using it -
http://www.magentocommerce.com/magento-connect/store-manager-for-magento.html

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community