Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Displaying Attributes

double02

Total Posts:  28
Los Angeles, CA

I created a drop-down attribute called ‘pricing’ that explains whether a price is /set, /pair, etc. I managed to get the attribute to display in the list and grid view by updating the catalog.xml and by puting

<?=$_product->getAttributeText('pricing')?>
in list.phtml

However, it looks terrible, so I have been trying to modify price.phtml so the attribute will have the same fomatting as the price itself. As of yet, I have not been able to get any sort of output when I modify price.phtml. I assume the pricing attribute hasn’t been loaded and that is why it wont output, but I dont know where to start looking to make it accessible in price.phtml.

I am also assuming that price.phtml controls the output of

$this->getPriceHtml($_product)
Any ideas?

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

double02

Total Posts:  28
Los Angeles, CA

So I’ve established that price.phtml (in app/design/frontend/default/default/catalog/product) does not control the output of

$this->getPrice($_product)
Does anybody know where I should be looking?

Thanks

ps Is this the wrong place to be asking this question?

Magento Community
Magento Community

dyne

Total Posts:  5
Montréal, Canada

I’ve the same problem. My new attribute is visible on a detail product page but not in listing product one.
I’ve to call it in product/price.phtml.... please
With

print_r($_product)
, I don’t see my attribute, how I can call it?

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community